If you can’t host a successful roundtable event, then you can’t :
- get great ideas from industry experts or professionals.
- know the best solution to your current challenges.
And since it’s hard to do a task without using some tools and tactics, you may not get ahead of competitors. So, if you want to have an edge over other entities, you need to form a fruitful roundtable event!
If this topic is new to you, then it’s great to get familiar with the :
- meaning of a roundtable event
- benefits of a roundtable event
Conversely, if you’re familiar with the points above, feel free to jump over to the main section of this article.
Then, what’s a roundtable event?
It is the meeting of several people. The meeting often contains people of similar interests or job titles. It can be an event for :
- doctors, and other professionals.
Also, it can hold for politicians, managers, consultant and other varieties or professionals in a certain industry.
Depending on the nature of the event, attendants of a roundtable event can be for a :
- group of professionals or
- mix of experts within an industry.
In terms of a group of experts, such a meeting only allows people of similar titles to become the attendees. By contrast, roundtable event with a mix of expert will host people with interrelated skills. Also, their uniqueness range based on the event theme.
What are the benefits of organizing a roundtable event?
The impact of organizing roundtable events include :
- the need to unleash other people crafts in a friendly manner
- ability to bring together several experts
- the need to allows equal input
- the chance of avoiding chaotic meeting
How can you conduct a successful roundtable event?
You can achieve this aim when you do the tasks below :
- Choose a precise topic for the event
- Craft a detailed agenda
- Select an effective moderator
- Choose your attendees selectively.
- Choose a precise topic for the event
Identifying a certain topic for your round table event is a process you can’t belittle. Know that round table event can’t hold without issues to resolve. On account of its purpose, it’s vital to define the central point of meeting. This hinges on the challenges your target audiences are having. So, it’s your role to find out such challenges and make a topic out of them.
In that regard, avoid dealing in generalities. Always work to create a a topic that is worthy of dialogue. Such a topic can range from anything like industry events, trends to industry specialties. Take, for instance, you can hold a roundtable event to discuss the latest software within your industry. It could be for the purpose of resolving the challenge users experience when using the software.
Also, a web design company can organize a roundtable event to discuss programming language issues. Likewise, administrative officers can organize a roundtable event to deal with issues surrounding their decision-making process. In the manufacturing industry , a company’s employees can hold a roundtable event to identify a better way of exporting their products.
That situation, thus, calls for clarity in the topic that will be discussed in a roundtable event. When there is clarity, people can focus on top issues they are having. That makes the event buzzworthy.
2. Crafting a detailed agenda
This is another crucial point to note. Agenda for an event is simply an outline of activities. The outline is based on what will occur during the event. It has a lot of value. Such impact includes:
- the ability to achieve a fruitful roundtable event.
- chances of creating a deep discussion.
Before crafting an agenda, decide the point you want your attendees to gain from the meeting. Furthermore,the benefits should be directly related to your chosen topic. To get it right, you must be mindful of the persona of the attendee. That makes a clear difference.
Ask questions like:
1. who are those coming to the event?
2. what challenges are there experiencing?
However, regardless of the persona of the attendees, know that the agenda of roundtable events follow the format below :
- Topic: This is focused on the theme of the event.
- Purpose : This deals with the reason for organizing the event
- Major points: It includes the major area of concern for your attendees. You can group them according to how they occur.
- Timeline: It entails the details of the hours’ certain aspects of the event will hold.
- Ground rules: it entails the rules guiding the smooth flow of the event.
3. Choose an effective moderator
The level of your roundtable event also relies on the kind of moderator handling the event. Owing to the nature of your event, your moderator is expected to be :
- confident and
- conversant about the event topic.
Therefore, it’s crucial for such a moderator to be composed. Also, he or she needs to clarify his or her thoughts on the topics at hand. In that regard, you need to be careful about the person you select for moderation.
In view of that matter, your selection process should entail the steps below.
- determine the level of experience required for moderation
- identify 2-3 person that can handle the event
- compare and contrast their features
- choose the one with a higher level of good features
4. Choose your attendees selectively.
Also, a roundtable event isn’t for everybody. It’s only for the selected persons. Those people can share similar traits and experiences within the industry. Also, it can comprise of selected people from various sections of an organization.
What counts in a roundtable event is the quality of people present. The number of people present is not as vital as the traits of attendees. Thus, to ensure you achieve the desired success, it’s more crucial for you to review the attendees of your event. Know that a higher number of attendees could mean higher chances of having an unorganized event. So, strive to work on the size of attendees.
Then, how can you choose your invite?
It’s simply by deciding on the :
- topic of discussion
- knowledge required for such a meeting
Also, you will need to :
- Single out those who have the required knowledge of the event topic.
- find out who has a wealth of experience on that topic
Doing so will help you invite the right person to your roundtable event.
- Working from home and achieving success … But How? - May 21, 2020
- How to handle event cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances - March 30, 2020
- How to find sponsors for your networking event? - March 12, 2020